- From Fr. Taras – I will be absent this week from Monday to Friday. I will be attending the retreat for priests in the Eparchy of Passaic, New Jersey. In case of emergencies (someone is sick and wants confession and anointing), you can call Fr. Stahura at 717-375-8360.
- Learn about Our Past, Prepare for Our Future – Everyone is encouraged to attend the Assembly of our Byzantine Catholic Church at St Mary Church in Hillsborough, NJ, on Friday, November 3 through Sunday, November 5, 2023. Byzantine Catholics from across the United States and Canada are invited to attend. Metropolitan Archbishop William said, “Your presence and participation are vital and welcome. Please consider coming and supporting this historic Assembly 2023.” The venue includes lectures, discussions, fellowship, and a gala dinner with folk music and dancing. The Assembly cost is $250 for individuals and $400 for couples. The Maria Theresa Foundation will underwrite the registration fees of individuals and couples between the ages of 18 and 35. For more information, contact the Assembly coordinators, Fr. Ed Cimbala, at 212-677-0516 or Fr. Yuriy Oros at 609-394-5004. The assembly website is https://www.byzantineassembly2023.org, and the email is email@example.com.
- Get Your Car Washed – On Saturday, Oct. 7 at St. Ann’s from 2-5 pm St. Ann’s Jr. and Sr. High ECF students will hold a car wash to help raise money for our Jr. and Senior High students to attend the Byzantine Youth Rally, which will be held in San Diego, CA this year. Please help spread the word. We are looking forward to seeing all of you, and you’ll be happy to start the fall season with a clean car! Cost is by donation. Thank you in advance for your support.
- 60th Anniversary Invitations – Thank you to those of you who have returned your reservation cards for the anniversary luncheon. All reservations must be returned by October 2. An exact count is necessary for the caterer and table settings. Thank you.
- ECF classes will begin on Sunday, September 17 between liturgies. ECF registration is open to new or never registered students for the 2023-24 school year. If you have registered your students in the past, you do not need to register again. If you would like to change information, such as addresses or phone numbers, you may also submit a registration form for that at https://bit.ly/stannecf2324, or you may contact Linda Plummer directly
- 2023 Festival Wrap Up Meeting – will be held on Monday, September 18 in the parish center at 6 pm. Food will be provided. Please e-mail Tom Walker if you plan on attending this meeting.
- 60th Anniversary Memory Book – Thank you to those of you who sent pictures and stories for the Memory Book. Please consider adding your memory about baking for the sales, teaching ECF classes, attending Byzanteen Rallies, and volunteering for a Helping Hands project or a Knights of Columbus activity. These are just a few suggestions, or you might want to add your personal story about being a member of St. Ann Church. This book will be our collage of memories, so you don’t have to write a lot—just enough for us to “get the picture.” Email your memory to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-652-1415. Contact Marie if you have any questions.
- St. Therese Pilgrimage Bus – St. Ann Knights of Columbus will be sponsoring a free motor coach bus ride to the St. Therese Pilgrimage Saturday, September 30, 2023 at the Holy Annunciation Monastery in Sugarloaf, PA. The bus will leave St. Ann parking lot at 8:30 am and leave the pilgrimage at 5 pm. Please sign up in the vestibule, the bus is limited to 54 passengers.
- Genealogy and Heritage Conference – The National Carpatho-Rusyn Society presents the 8th Annual Genealogy and Heritage Conference on Saturday, September 30 from10 am to 3:30 pm at King’s College, 133 N. River St., Wilkes Barre, PA 18711, Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center, Room 119, 3rd floor. Registration is $50 and the deadline is September 22. For questions – George Pawlush at email@example.com. Registration is at: https://c-rs.org/Our-Events
- 60th Anniversary Meeting – will be held on Monday, October 9 in the parish center at 6 pm. Food will be provided.
- Please Pray for Ukraine. Your monetary donations and humanitarian supplies for relief efforts in Ukraine and for refugees are most welcome.
- Parish Emails – Parishioners wishing to receive emails from the parish can sign up by clicking on the link at the top of the Bulletin Page.
- Perohi Hotline – Not a member of Saint Ann’s and want to know when we are having events? You can find out about events at our parish with emails from the Perohi Hotline! The Perhoi Hotline will let you know when your favorite Slavic events will take place or when our tasty foods will be available for sale. We promise to never sell your information and we will not fill up your inbox. https://StAnnByz.flocknote.com/PerohiHotline
Saint Ann Parish is now offering FORMED – This is a premier on-line platform filled with over 4,000 Catholic studies, movies, cartoons, audio dramas, ebooks, and talks – and it’s FREE for every parishioner. It is easy to subscribe to FORMED.
1. Go to https://signup.formed.org/ to subscribe.
2. Enter our parish zip code. (17109)
3. Enter your name and email address.
You’re in! After you Sign Up, download the FORMED App by searching “FORMED Catholic” in your App store.
Please sign-up today!