Saint Ann Parish is now offering FORMED – This is a premier on-line platform filled with over 4,000 Catholic studies, movies, cartoons, audio dramas, ebooks, and talks – and it’s FREE for every parishioner. It is easy to subscribe to FORMED.
1. Go to https://signup.formed.org/ to subscribe.
2. Enter our parish zip code. (17109)
3. Enter your name and email address.
You’re in! After you Sign Up, download the FORMED App by searching “FORMED Catholic” in your App store.
Please sign-up today!
- Ukrainian Donations
- For the past two years the parish has made collections for the Church in Ukraine. We are supporting two different parish priests and provided funds to complete renovations for another parish in Kurst.
- We have also collected donations for the humanitarian mercy war efforts for the Ukrainian people. We sent $7,000 toward the purchase of tourniquets for civilian use in stemming of blood flow of civilian casualties.
- The total collections for the past two years have totaled $30,467. Gifts made to the Ukraine during the same period totaled $16,350. Plans are being made for the transfer of more of the remaining balance before the end of the year.
- I wish to thank all of our parishioners for their generous gifts and prayers offered to the Ukrainian people.
- Fr. Taras
- Perohi & Kielbasa & Nut Rolls – Perohi and Smoked Kielbasa will be sold in the parish hall on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Dates are Saturdays: Nov. 19, Dec. 3 and Dec. 10. Wednesdays: November 30 and December 7. The Perohi are sold frozen by the dozen, flavors are: potato and cheese, farmer cheese, cabbage, sauerkraut, and prune. The Perohi and kielbasa are both $6. Cash, personal checks with ID and most credit cards are welcome. Homemade nut, apricot and poppy seed rolls will be sold only during the Saturday, December 10 sale. They will be $12 each. No orders will be taken, sale is on a first come, first served basis.
- Donations Needed for Lourdeshouse Maternity Home – Lourdeshouse Maternity Home (a Catholic Charities residential program in suburban Harrisburg) is in need of: baby formula (preferably Simalic or Enfamil), toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates/cups/bowls, plastic utensils, cleaning supplies (bleach, toilet bowl cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner, dish soap, wipes, disinfectant spray), regular laundry detergent and baby detergent. Donations can be taken to the Diocesan Center (4800 Union Deposit Road) or to Lourdeshouse (120 Willow Road) in Harrisburg. If taking items to Lourdeshouse, please call 717-412-4865 before delivery. Thank you for your generosity!
- Seminary News – Please consider supporting the S S Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary by choosing the Seminary for your AmazonSmile online donation. The Seminary will receive a small contribution based on the amount of the purchase. It does not cost you anything extra. Please go to https://bcs.edu/amazonsmile/ for more information. Or you can use the direct link to set the seminary as your charity of choice in Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/25-1141842
- Ongoing Coat Drive – Many thanks to all who have already donated coats, but this year the need continues to be great. Helping Hands will continue assisting the Silence of Mary Home with an ongoing coat drive. All sizes and gender of coats are needed. Children sizes 14, 16, 18, 20 are most needed, though coats of all sizes will be accepted. Please ensure that the coats have been laundered or dry-cleaned. The Home has no ability to clean any items donated. Donations of new or gently coats, hats, gloves, scarves are welcome, but the need for coats is most dire. The collection bin is located in the parish hall. If you would prefer to give a monetary donation, we will gladly do the shopping for you. Deposit an envelope in the regular weekly collection clearly marked “Helping Hands Coat Drive”. Also please write “Helping Hands Coat Drive” in the bottom left had corner of your check. Checks should be made out to St. Ann Byzantine Catholic Church. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
- Saint Nicholas Brunch – Everyone is invited to our annual that will be held on Sunday, December 4 after the 9 am Divine Liturgy. The brunch is sponsored by the ECF and advisory council of our church. Special appearance by St. Nicholas! Enjoy this traditional celebration as our parish community comes together.
- Tree of Giving – This year’s Tree of Giving will again support of Morning Star Pregnancy Center. Please take an ornament from the Tree located in the Chapel, fulfill the request, and have your wrapped gift back under the Tree by December 11. Since a few ornaments will be requesting more costly items, think about teaming up with friends to take on one of the big ticket items. Not a shopper? Consider a monetary donation, and we will gladly do the shopping for you. Deposit an envelope in the regular weekly collection clearly marked “Helping Hands Tree of Giving”. Also please write “Helping Hands Tree of Giving” in the bottom left hand corner of your check. Checks should be made out to St. Ann Byzantine Catholic Church.
In case you didn’t know, Linda Plummer, Director of the Center, is a member of our own faith community here at Saint Ann.
- Living Nativity Icon Pageant – All children, pre-K through high school, are invited to participate in the Living Nativity Icon that will take place in conjunction with the Emmanuel Moleben on Wednesday,December 21 at 6 pm (arrival by 5:3 0pm). Rehearsals will take place onSaturday December 3 at 10 am and Wednesday, December 14 at 5 pm. Children will dress up as the various characters from Bethlehem and depict a crèche scene at the front of the church as the congregation is invited to participate in a sing-along of just a few Christmas Kolady (carols). Older students are needed as musicians and helpers. This inspiring tradition has been a moving and a beautiful presentation in recent years. It is a wonderful opportunity for our children to work together as witnesses to the gift of our faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior of the World. Please, consider participating and sign up by December 1 (sign up sheet at the back of the church). For more details, please contact Evangel DiMarco.
- Adult Faith Formation – Sundays – 9:15 a.m. in the hall. This week’s topic – SACRED SIGNS: Pointing the Way to Heaven, Part 2 with Fr. David Anderson. Nov. 20, Dec. 11 & 18 – Advent Reflections.
- Glossy Magazines – St. Ann Helping Hands continues to collect glossy magazines for the Ronald McDonald House. We appreciate your past support, but have one request. Please bag magazines before placing them in the bin. This will greatly assist in their transport.
- Theosis Academy – this is an online place of learning by the The Orientale Lumen Foundation. Many of our top-rated courses, taught by internationally renowned scholars, have been added for online viewing. Certificate programs have been created, giving pathways for students who want to gain more in-depth knowledge of the subject matter. Currently, there are three certificate tracks: Eastern Christian Spirituality, Liturgy, and Patristics. For a limited time, Theosis Academy will offer a 50% discount until December 7. Use Coupon Code: OLTV2022 firstname.lastname@example.org Visit https://theosisacademy.org/
- Revised ECF Schedule for 2023
- January 1 – Christmas Break No Class, 6 – Theophany, 8 – Class ,22 – Class, 29 – Class
- February 5 – Class, 12 – Class: Sunday of the Second Coming of Christ (Meat-Fare), 19 – Class: Forgiveness Sunday (Cheese-Fare,) 26 – Class: Sunday of Orthodoxy Icon Procession
- March 5 – Class, 12- Class: Veneration of the Holy Cross, 19 – Class, 25 – Annunciation to the Theotokos, 26 – Pysanky Workshop following 9:00 am Liturgy: (All are encouraged to participate. Activities for younger children Pre-K through 1st Grade will be provided) – Lunch provided complements of ECF Program
- April 1 – Lazarus Saturday: First Most Solemn Reconciliation, 2 – Palm Sunday: 9:00 Liturgy, Parish Brunch to follow, 9 – Pascha – Feast of the Resurrection of Christ, 16 – Class, 23 – Class, 30 – Class
- May 7 – Final Class Celebration
- *High School Retreats: January 13-15 February 17-19