- Bible Study – Thursday at 6:00 p.m. in the parish center. Readings for Thursday, March 23: Book of Judges: Chapters 6-10, Psalms: 96-100, and Gospel of John: Chapters 16-18.
- Pysanky Workshop – This will be held following 9:00 am Liturgy on Sunday, March 26. All are encouraged to participate. Registration is requested (to help us prepare materials and supplies) *Activities for younger children Pre-K through 1st Grade will be provided Lunch provided complements of ECF Program. There is a sign up sheet posted in the narthex of the church or you can email Linda Plummer.
- Lenten Retreat with Fr. Joe Loya: “On the Threshold of Pascha: Contemplating the Meaning of Our Baptism” – Join Fr. Loya and the community of St. Ann Byzantine Church for a Lenten retreat March 24-26, 2023 – Program: Friday, March 24: Vespers with Liturgy Presanctified Gifts at 7 p.m.; Saturday March 25: Divine Liturgy for the Annunciation of the Theotokos 9 a.m. followed by a continental breakfast and conferences as well as priests available for confessions, 4 p.m. Vespers; Sunday, March 26: 8:15 a.m. Matins with 9 a.m. Divine Liturgy followed by Pysanky Workshop and luncheon in Church Hall.
- Pictorial Directory – Our photo shoot for our 60th anniversary directory will be April 21 and 22. We want everyone to get a new picture made so that our new directory will be complete. IT WON’T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT YOU! Every family photographed for the directory will receive a copy of the directory and an 8×10 portrait at no cost. Click on the link below and make your appointment on-line:
- Pictorial Directory Update – As of March 14, only 23 families out of 150 have scheduled their photo shoot for either April 21 or 22 for our 60th Anniversary Directory. If you do not have access to a computer or are unable to sign up, please contact Tom Walko and he will review opening dates and times to schedule your photo shoot.
- St. Ann 60th Anniversary Group Picture Schedule
After Liturgy, Palm Sunday, April 2
Entire Church Community In Church/outside weather
Altar Servers Icon Screen
Cantors Icon Screen
Choir Icon Screen
After brunch, Palm Sunday, April 2
60th Anniversary Committee in hall on stage
Sunday, April 16
Ushers 9:15 am Icon Screen
Baking Group 9:20 am Icon Screen
Helping Hands 9:30 am Icon Screen
ECF Teacher & Advisors 9:40 am Icon Screen
Entire ECF Children Group 9:50 am Icon Screen
Knights of Columbus 11:45 am Icon Screen
Bingo Chair people 11:55 am Icon Screen
Bingo Volunteers 12:05 pm Icon Screen
Office Staff 12:15 pm Icon Screen
Financial Group 12:25 pm Icon Screen
Festival Chair people 12:35 pm Icon Screen
- Directory Information – Ann Marie Falatovich will be calling all parishioners to verify the following information for the directory and our church records: Your Name, Address, Phone Numbers, and Email. Or you may call Ann Marie.
- St. Ann 60th Anniversary Planning Meeting is Tuesday, March 21 in the parish center. You are invited to enjoy pizza and salad at 6:30, and at 7 p.m. the meeting will begin. Please join us to share your thoughts and ideas as we plan for our celebration. The Planning Committee: Father Taras, Terry & Dave Dynako, Ann Marie & John Falatovich, Meribeth & Al Peters, Mildred Psak, Marie & Luke Nester, Cindy & Tom Walko, Karen Grubb, Steve Bobar, Michael Azzato, Clarissa Wolatz, Angela Sedun, Jon Aponick & Bill Huxta.
- Helping Hands – There will be an opening for the Chairman of St. Ann’s Helping Hands in May of this year. Our Helping Hands have helped these organizations: The Silence of Mary Shelter, St. Francis Soup Kitchen, Ronald McDonald House, the Morning Star Pregnancy Center, the Women’s Shelter of Bethesda Mission, made food bags for our Homebound for both Easter and Christmas Holidays and served Mercy Meals at Funerals and served at Sr. Mary Catherine’s Fundraisers over the past 14 years. We hope someone will step up and take this position. Please contact Cathy Depoi if you have any questions.
- Hershey Park Discount Tickets – The 2023 Individual Ticket Order Form for discounted Hershey Park tickets is at the end of this email and is also available in the paper bulletin. If you would like to order tickets for the 2023 Hershey Park season, complete and submit this Order Form along with full payment. Checks made payable to St. Ann Knights of Columbus, submit envelope in collection basket with ATTN: Tom Walko, by Sunday, March 26, 2023.
- Lenten Almsgiving For Orphans In Ukraine – As we begin the Lenten season of prayer, fasting and almsgiving, let us recognize our blessings and reach out to the less fortunate. Helping Hands of St. Ann’s is asking parishioners to once again open their hearts to needy orphans in Ukraine. The Basilian Sisters continue the mission begun by +Sister Mary Bernarda Arkatin over 30 years ago to bring food, clothing, medicine and other necessities to orphans in Ukraine. Currently our sisters are working with sisters in Ukraine to provide assistance during this time of crisis. As part of your Lenten almsgiving, consider making a donation to this worthy cause. A poster of Sister Bernarda’s efforts and thank you drawings by the orphans to our parish for our donations is on display. Donation envelopes are available next to the display and Donation Box. Please make checks payable to St. Ann Church and write Orphans in the memo line.
- Easter Bake Sale is Saturday, April 1 from 9 a.m. until noon. All rolls are $12.00 each. No orders can be taken. Sale is on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Volunteers are needed to help this sale continue into the future.
- Fish Dinners and Perohi and Kielbasa for Sale – Wednesdays during the Great Fast Fish dinners will be available to eat-in or take-out from 4-6:30 p.m. The fish dinners are $12 and include baked haddock, perohi (two), haluski, green beans and a drink. St. Ann’s Knights of Columbus are hosting the dinners. Perohi and smoked kielbasa will be for sale, frozen, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The perohi will be sold by the package for $6 and have fillings of potato with cheese, cabbage, sauerkraut, prune and farmer cheese. The smoked kielbasa will be available in rings for $6 each. These will be offered on Wednesdays during the Lenten dinners on March 8, 15, 22 and 29 and on Saturdays from 9 a.m.-noon on March 11, 18 and April 1. There is no sale on March 25. Cash, personal checks and credit/debit cards will be accepted.
- Parish Festival – Save the date for our annual Parish Festival. This year it will be on Saturday, August 26.
- Holy Family Radio Benefit Dinner – Please mark your calendars for the Annual Benefit Dinner on Friday, April 21 at the Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey. The Keynote Speaker will be Kevin Reilly who is a former player for the Philadelphia Eagles. He is also an author & former broadcaster. He has motivated thousands with his journey of overcoming illness and unbelievable obstacles. In 1976, Kevin was diagnosed with a rare tumor that led to the amputation of his left arm, ending his lifelong dream of playing in the NFL. Through perseverance and strength, Kevin achieved accomplishments many thought impossible: seeing success in the corporate world, broadcasting, and reaching thousands with his inspirational message. Look for more details soon at www.720whyf.com
- Pussy Willows – are needed for Palm Sunday. Please cut any that are ready and place them in the cooler in the parish center.
- Parish Emails – Parishioners wishing to receive emails from the parish can sign up by clicking on the link at the top of the Bulletin Page.
Saint Ann Parish is now offering FORMED – This is a premier on-line platform filled with over 4,000 Catholic studies, movies, cartoons, audio dramas, ebooks, and talks – and it’s FREE for every parishioner. It is easy to subscribe to FORMED.
1. Go to https://signup.formed.org/ to subscribe.
2. Enter our parish zip code. (17109)
3. Enter your name and email address.
You’re in! After you Sign Up, download the FORMED App by searching “FORMED Catholic” in your App store.
Please sign-up today!